Walt Disney and the American Dream from the Barnes Review…
Thanks to Hip2Save, here’s a simple recipe to recreate the classic Disneyland Dole Whip at home!
1 whole pineapple – cut up and frozen overnight
1 cup of coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- Place frozen chunks of pineapple and coconut milk into a food processor or high powered blender.
- Turn on food processor and blend until the consistency becomes creamy. You may have to stop several times and scoop down the pineapple.
Makes about 3-4 servings.
Today in Disneyland history: March 4, 1980 – Fotomat rents the very first official Disney VHS and Beta cassettes via the ubiquitous drive-thru kiosks in Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, and the San Francisco / Bay area. By 1981 Disney Home Video expanded their rental program to other authorized rental outlets and Fotomat’s rental business began it’s decline.
The first titles available at Fotomat were:
- Bedknobs and Broomsticks
- Pete’s Dragon
- The Love Bug
- The Black Hole
- Escape to Witch Mountain
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- Davy Crockett
- King of the Wild Frontier
- The Apple Dumpling Gang
- The North Avenue Irregulars
- Hot Lead and Cold Feet
- On Vacation with Mickey Mouse and Friends
- Walt Disney’s Kids is Kids
- Adventures of Chip ‘n’ Dale